Watch the video below to complete this module.
Media & Ministry Video Lesson
00:00 Introduction and Prayer
00:07 Lesson Agenda, Expectations and Outcomes
02:35 Part 1 The Internet – What is the context?
03:55 Part 2 Who is our Audience? The Millennials and Gen Z
04:41 Key traits of the new era and emerging generations
06:54 Engagement – How to keep the new generation?
08:06 Part 3 Heart of Mission – What is our message?
10:05 Part 4 Mission and Media
10:17 St Maximilian Kolbe – Master of New Media
10:48 Mother Angelica – Mother of Multimedia
12:00 Venerable Fulton Sheen – Evangelists of the 20th Century
13:09 St Pope John Paul II reflection about the Internet
14:05 The Challenge: Technology is a language not a tool
14:33 Invest in an authentic online expression
Download infographics, powerpoint and other documents in the Materials Tab.
Media and Ministry: Downloadable Content
Generation Z: https://generationz.com.au/
- Explore the latest research on how to recruit, train and lead Gen Z.
- 8 Innovations to leading Millennials. How Millennials can grow your church and change the world.
Pope Paul VI Evangelii Nuntiandi http://www.vatican.va/content/paul-vi/en/apost_exhortations/documents/hf_p-vi_exh_19751208_evangelii-nuntiandi.html
- Evangelii Nuntiandi: On Evangelisation in the Modern World is an apostolic exhortation issued on 8 December 1975 by Pope Paul VI on the theme of Catholic evangelisation.
Pope John Paul II 20002 "Internet: A New Forum for Proclaiming the Gospel" http://www.vatican.va/content/john-paul-ii/en/messages/communications/documents/hf_jp-ii_mes_20020122_world-communications-day.html
- John Paul II invited the Church to “put out to sea” in evangelizing the world with the help of the Internet. He invited Catholics to use the Internet for spreading the message about Christ.
Pope John Paul II 2004 The Media and the Family: A Risk and a Richness http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/john_paul_ii/messages/communications/documents/hf_jp-ii_mes_20040124_world-communications-day_en.html
- On the feast of St. Francis of Sales, patron of journalists, the Holy See published Pope John Paul II's message for the 38th World Communications Day.
Pope Benedict XVI 2009 New Technologies, New Relationships: Promoting a Culture of Respect, Dialogue and Friendship http://www.vatican.va/holy_father/benedict_xvi/messages/communications/documents/hf_ben-xvi_mes_20090124_43rd-world-communications-day_en.html
- Pope Benedict addresses the digital generation and offers to them (and to all of us) ideas of how to use the new technologies for good “to promote human understanding and solidarity.”
Archive 1967 – 2012 World Communications Day https://catechesisofthepopes.wordpress.com/other-themes/media/world-communications-day/
- Catechesis of the Popes is dedicated to looking at the Wednesday General Audiences of Pope John Paul II and Pope Benedict XVI. Far from being arbitrary, these weekly gatherings are the pope’s systematic catechesis on a variety of different themes.
Making it Real: Genuine human encounter in our digital world https://socialjustice.catholic.org.au/2019/11/20/social-justice-statement-2019-20/
- The Australian Catholic Bishops’ Social Justice Statement for 2019 – 2020, Making it Real: Genuine human encounter in our digital world, affirms the positive possibilities for encounter and solidarity offered by new digital media, while warning of those elements of our digital world that may be harmful.